Any destination in Cadiz and the Costa de la Luz is an excellent place to enjoy a magnificent holiday of sun, beach and great atmosphere.
El Puerto de Santa María is one of these destinations, a coastal municipality that offers excellent beaches of golden sand with all the facilities and only a few minutes away from all the services and leisure offer of the city.
These are some of the most popular:
– Valdelagrana: This is one of the favourites, as it is almost 2 kilometres long and offers comfortable golden sand and clean, calm waters in which it is a pleasure to swim during the hottest days. Perhaps it is the natural characteristics and those of its surroundings that mean that it is always crowded.
– Fuentebría: Smaller than the previous one, this 700-metre beach has the same excellent characteristics. The waves on this golden sandy beach are moderate, but it is better not to be too careless.
– La Calita and Caleta del Agua: These are two small coves separated by the ruins of Santa Catalina Castle, which gives them added value. With more than 800 metres of golden sand, they offer very clean waters, a somewhat wild environment with rocky outcrops and a nearby promenade where you can find all kinds of services.
– Santa Catalina: This 3 kilometre long beach is known for its good conditions for water sports. One drawback? It is always very busy.
– La Puntilla: Its 1,300 metres of golden sand and its urban setting allow you to enjoy a quiet day at the beach.
– Levante or Los Toruños: This is the largest of those mentioned so far, with no less than 4,300 metres. It is located in the Natural Park of the Bay of Cadiz, so despite being isolated and with few services, it offers a natural environment like no other.