The Costa Dorada is undoubtedly one of the best places to spend a few days of relaxation and fun during your holidays, and the magnificent conditions of its beaches, the excellent range of leisure activities on offer and the pleasant atmosphere have in many cases been awarded the prestigious Blue Flag of the European Union.
If you have decided on the coast of Tarragona as a destination for your next days off, take a look at this guide and visit some of its best beaches:
– Platja Fonda (Playa Honda): Also known as Waikiki, this small beach of barely 200 metres is a rather intimate and reserved place that is not usually reached by the tourist crowds that characterise other localities.
– La Pineda: Its fine golden sand stretches for almost two and a half kilometres. The beach has all kinds of facilities and even a specific area for scuba diving. All in all, the magnificent natural and tourist conditions of this urban beach have been awarded the European Blue Flag.
– La Paella: As well as being a delicious typical Mediterranean dish, La Paella is the main beach of the tourist town of Torredembarra. This urban beach of almost 800 metres has all the services and an excellent natural quality, which is why it has been awarded the Blue Flag. It has a marina and fishing port with an area specifically designed for sporting activities.
– La Mora: This is a semi-urban beach barely half a kilometre long. Nevertheless, you can enjoy a quiet and at the same time entertaining environment where you can have fun with your family.
– Tamarit: Its pebbly surface may not be exactly the most comfortable one imaginable, but the surroundings and the peaceful atmosphere of this coastline of more than a kilometre are well worth a visit.
– Platja Llarga (Long Beach): This is a semi-urban beach located in the town of Cambrils, one of the most popular along the coast. Its clean waters, golden sand and excellent facilities and services make it ideal for a family holiday.
Have you been on holiday on the Costa Dorada? What other beaches would you recommend?