On the most traditional Mediterranean holidays, enjoying a good Valencian paella by the sea is a delicious summer experience that is priceless… Even more so if you do it on one of the exceptional beaches in the province of Castellón, in the Valencian Community.
If you’re thinking of a quick getaway or a few days off then take a look at the following beaches, some of the most highly rated along the coastline!
– Les Cases: This beach in Xilxes not only offers a beautiful setting of fine golden sand and clean waters but it is also an ideal place for children and adults to have fun, who will enjoy the variety of sporting activities available (surfing, catamaran, jet skis, etc.).
– Gurugú: Although it is located in an urban area, the beach does not have many services, so it is best that you go prepared with your food and refreshments from home.
– Racó del Conil: A beautiful beach somewhat isolated because of the high mountains that surround it, which, however, make it one of the most placid and relaxing coastal environments to rest. Fortunately, it is only 3 kilometres from Benidorm town centre.
– Platgetes de Bellver: This is a set of two small coves with a quiet, family atmosphere. Although a visit to it is undoubtedly worthwhile, the truth is that access to them on foot can be a little complicated.
– Bahía de la Concha: Next to the marina, this beach is the most important tourist centre of the very atmospheric Oropesa del Mar and therefore has a wide variety of services both on the beach and in the surrounding area.
Other beaches worth visiting are Torrenostra, Moncafa, Settadal, Renegà or Recatí beach.