Beautiful beaches, green nature, culture, history, delicious gastronomy… Escape to the Basque Country is undoubtedly a great choice, especially during the summer months when the weather seems to want to accompany our holidays more.
Visiting the area and missing the beaches is a real waste. The province of Guipúzcoa is one of those with the most famous coastline, so pay attention to this list of beaches that we recommend!
– Fuenterrabia: This beach of 700 metres of golden sand, clean waters and good services is located next to France, a short drive away.
– Zarautz: With 2.5 kilometres it has become one of the most popular in the whole community, not only because of its beautiful features and services but also because it is an excellent spot for surfing.
– La Zurriola: This beach of fine golden sand is surrounded by a promenade with a wide range of leisure activities and services. It is also good for surfing.
– La Concha: This is the most famous, a beautiful crescent-shaped bay with the island of Santa Clara in front and the beautiful promenade and the old town as a backdrop.
– Ondarreta: It is located next to the previous one, so it has excellent natural features and surroundings. It is at the foot of Mount Igueldo.
– Guetaria: Beautiful, quiet and fully serviced, Guetaria beach is located in a small fishing village.
– Suturrarán: It is located in Mutriku and occupies less than 300 metres of golden sand. It has restaurants, beach bars and good facilities right on the beach.
– Deba: This urban beach stretches for about 400 metres to offer beautiful white sand and good services. It is quite crowded.
Itzurrún, Orio, Lapari, Santiago, Tximistarri or Malcorbe are also worth a visit.