Visiting Ibiza means looking for atmosphere, culture, incredible beaches and… not much relaxation. That is the idea that most of us tend to have of this Balearic island, although in reality the question of tranquillity depends more on yourself than on what the island has to offer.
In fact, although staying in San Antonio or Ibiza can be a real madness, choosing a location further away from the hustle and bustle, such as Santa Eulalia del Río (Santa Eulària des Riu), a municipality located in the eastern part of the island, will not be.
Here we can find beaches with excellent natural conditions and, best of all, somewhat removed from the frenzy of the more active areas known as the ‘party areas’. These are some of the beaches you can find without leaving the area:
– S’Aigua Blanca: You can’t miss it, and its scenic beauty makes it one of the best in the area. Surrounded by large cliffs, this beach of fine golden sand and transparent waters is welcoming although it is also somewhat crowded in summer (it is also nudist).
– Cala Pada: It is a narrow and elongated beach characterised by its coarse, clear sand, bathed by crystal clear waters and surrounded by dense Mediterranean vegetation.
– Es Niu Blau: Highly recommended, this beach of golden sand and turquoise waters offers beautiful scenery and the possibility of enjoying a day of relaxation or action thanks to the variety of leisure activities and water sports.
– Cala Llonga: This is one of the most famous tourist resorts in the area, and despite being a somewhat rustic environment surrounded by mountains and pine groves, it offers all kinds of services for a complete day at the beach. The sand is clear and fine and the waters are as crystal clear as those of a swimming pool.
– Santa Eulalia: This is the main beach of the municipality, a long stretch of white sand bathed by turquoise waters and surrounded by a promenade that offers everything you could possibly need. It is also a safe beach for bathing and ideal for water sports.
Other beaches in the area are Cala Es Figueral, Es Canar, Cala Martina, Cala S’Argamassa or S’Estanyol, for example. However, we recommend you take a look at some of the best beaches in Ibiza and choose the ones you like best to plan your perfect route through the area.