Although many people insist on looking for their holiday destinations on the coast outside Spain, the truth is that spending the summer on the Iberian Peninsula is always a guarantee of tranquillity, disconnection and a good atmosphere… And if not, why else would thousands of tourists come back to our country year after year?
The truth is that it is difficult to choose one of the coastal towns or villages, so on this website we are going to try to help you decide which is going to be your next destination with some of our favourite beach areas (which may or may not match your tastes):
1. Barcelona (centre): Its beaches may not be the most beautiful on the Spanish coast, but the advantages of visiting the city are innumerable… Not only do you have plenty of beaches to visit, but you can also complement it with cultural visits, the immense leisure and party offer of the city of Barcelona, which is a reference in the world!
2. Balearic Islands: It is impossible to choose one of them, as they compete directly in beauty with their always crystal clear waters and soft white sand. If you want to relax, Menorca and Formentera will be your favourites, but if you want to combine nature with the best atmosphere, don’t give up on Mallorca or Ibiza, Spain’s party capital.
3. Almeria: The Andalusian coast leaves nothing to be desired. The coast of Almeria and more specifically the area of the Natural Park of Cabo de Gata is an ideal place to relax surrounded by the most beautiful nature with a southern flavour.
4. San Sebastian: Beaches, culture, glamour and delicious cuisine will make you proud to have chosen this destination. The most popular beach is La Concha, an urban beach surrounded, however, by the greenery of the mountains and the imposing Santa Clara Island in front.
5. Cíes Islands, in Galicia: They were chosen as the best beaches in the world by the prestigious British newspaper The Guardian, and if it wasn’t for the coolness of their waters, anyone would think they were in the Caribbean… Simply incredible!
6. Canary Islands: If you want sun and sand all year round, the Canary Islands are the best option. You can choose between El Hierro, La Palma, La Gomera, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote.